Dental Hygiene North York
Regular check-ups and cleanings are not only vital to your dental health, but to your overall well-being. Healthy, sparkling teeth can boost your confidence and prevent disease. When you come in for your check-up, you’ll get more than just a one-time cleaning – we’ll set you up with a personalized dental treatment plan that addresses your whole health.
- New Patient Exams – On your first visit we’ll thoroughly examine your teeth and gums, take a full medical history and X-ray your mouth. We’ll analyze your bite and check for any jaw abnormalities. Finally we’ll explain our findings and discuss a treatment plan.
- Fluoride Treatment – Acid-producing bacteria collect around the teeth and gums in a sticky, clear film called ‘plaque’ which is responsible for tooth decay. We clean with fluoride to reduce plaque, prevent cavities and also repair teeth in the early, microscopic stages of disease.
- Teeth Scaling – This standard procedure to removes plaque and calculus, which cause gum disease. We use hand tools to plane away the rough bacteria, leaving a smooth clean tooth surface
- Root Planning or Deep Cleaning – Similar to scaling, root planing is performed by hand. We use scaling tools below the gum pockets to remove plaque buildup.
- Sensitive Teeth & Desensitization – If you have sensitive teeth, we will first suggest special toothpastes and rinses to reduce sensitivity. If sensitivity persists, we can apply a fluoride varnish to protect your teeth, which temporarily reduces sensitivity and strengthens your teeth.
- Irrigation – Oral irrigation uses a jet-stream of anti-bacterial fluid to clean below the gum line, removing plaque and tartar that brushing and floss can’t reach.
- Tooth Polishing – Tooth polishing is the finishing touch. We smooth the surface of your teeth to make it difficult for cavities to form.